Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lou Barlow - Goodnight Unknown (2009)


[Folk Rock/Acoustic]

(First of all, credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank unkown pleasures for posting this album a while back. you should check them out cause they have some great stuff. http://stupidcer.blogspot.com/)

As anyone who knows me pretty well can tell, I'm a pretty big fan of Dinosaur Jr. So it should come as no surprise that I'm a huge fan of Lou Barlow's other projects. I was really into Sebadoh for a while, but I never got around to hearing his solo stuff, and fuck... I was missing out.

This album is really stripped down to the basics, It's mostly Barlow and his guitar. And when it's not, the atmosphere the rest of the band creates really serves to highlight him. His voice, as any Dino jr. fan knows, is quite the opposite to J Mascis'. It's smooth and low, with a quite relaxing tone. And it's not any different on Goodnight Unknown.

Barlow puts forward another great collection of songs, really simple but they hit close to home. (Hah, I'm a poet)

Check this out if you're a fan of his, a fan of Dinosaur Jr. or you just like some good ol' Folk rock.

It's delicious.

http://rapidshare.com/files/283737482/Goodnight_Unknown.zip

1 comment: